Thursday, October 11, 2012

The Scaremare Video is Stupid!!!


This isn't going to be my main post for the week, but I thought I'd give my interpretation of a recent video we made for Oceanside's annual scare house called Scaremare. Watch the video and then read my interpretation of my video.


Many have criticized of the video, and that's cool. I welcome it. But I also think some people have misunderstood the video.

Some Say It's Not Scary:
Well that isn't the point. It's supposed invoke feelings of fear, but I don't think most people's hearts will start beating quicker while watch the video. I think for the most part people will just be creeped out. And that IS the point. It's supposed to peek their interest in coming to Scaremare. Where, by the way, they will be thoroughly scared.

What Does It All Mean?:
In the beginning you see the young girl lying on the ground in a puddle of blood. Then we fade to her running. My intention was to portray that you are jumping inside her mind at the moments of death. At that point she is trying to out run death. Many have said that the, "Zombies" are not very zombie like... Well, that because they aren't zombies. They are a physical representation of death chasing a person. The idea is that no matter how hard she runs she cannot outrun death. It finally catches up with her. And I want to get the point across that death doesn't play favorites. The girl in the video is young, healthy, and shouldn't be dead, but she is. That's how life is. It could end at any moment. Death doesn't care how old you are. It doesn't even care if you're a good person. It does its job. You die.

The smile at the end could be interpreted many ways. My interpretation is that she is relieved that the chase is over... my hope is that though her death may have been tragic her life is now complete in Heaven.

Thanks Guys:
Finally I would like to thank everyone who participated in making the video. Some sacrificed school grades and others sacrificed their well being. Thank God we only came out with two injuries. It was hot, and those death chasers ran and ran and ran and ran. Everyone was very tired by the end. I think everyone had a great time. You guys are incredible. I'm looking forward to working with you at Scaremare.