Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Trust Me I'm The Doctor



Life has been cray. Thank God Scaremare is over and it was successful, the election has ended, and Levi has been born healthy! So, it's time to get back to blogging.

In the past few months the Lord has been teaching me a lot about trust. There have been times in my life where things have been bananas, but since I've been married nothing has compared to this season.

It all hit us at the same time. There were moments where I wasn't sure if the baby Allie had carried was going to live. Our finances, despite me working more, got tighter. Through all that I had to try and keep my school grades afloat. You've been there (maybe you are there), and you know what I'm talking about.

We had to place a lot of trust in doctors. There were things going on with Levi that Allie and I had no clue about. I love our doctors. They did a wonderful job. But at the same time I needed something more stable than a person.

The doctors were amazing, but were only mortals. It would have been unreasonable for me to expect them to be god like. Even time lord doctors aren't as powerful as my God. Our only real option was to place all our trust in God. So, we prayed. Then we prayed. And finally we prayed a little a lot more, and so many of you joined us. We cannot adequately express our thanks. But I'll try...

THAAAAAANK YOOOOOOU!!!!!!

Nope, that wasn't good enough. Could you give me credit for trying?

Maggie loving on her new baby brother.

Over and over again in my daily devotions The Lord has been telling me to trust Him. He been saying He has it all under control. Seriously, listen to some of these verses that have been in my devotions the past couple of days.

Commit your way to the  Lord; trust in Him, and He will act, making your righteousness shine like the dawn, your justice like the noonday. Psalms 37:5-6

A man’s steps are established by the  Lord, and He takes pleasure in his way.  Though he falls, he will not be overwhelmed, because the  Lord  holds his hand. Psalms 37:23-24

It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man. Psalms 118:8

See what I'm Saying! The Lord is definitely telling me something. Trust Him. No matter how much I preach or blog about trusting God saying and doing are two different things. How much I trust God is only evident when it's most difficult for me to do so.

So, right now, if life is kicking you and things are tough remember that your trust of God is about to become evident. There will be moments when that 10% tithe could go a long way toward paying some bills. Trust Him. You're going to have times when giving up, rolling over, or giving in are going to make everything easier. BUT YOU CAN'T GIVE UP. Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Ephesians 6:10 Trust Him because He is strong. What feels like a million pounds of pressure on you is not even the weight of a spec of dust on His shoulders. Trust Him...

...for real this time.