I've been using twitter for years, but one unfortunate day I woke up and tried to read my tweets like I had many times before. They weren't there. I jumped up out of bed to figure out what was going on. I wanted to know which child of mine had deleted everything. All replies came back, "No one has touched your twitter." I immediately ran, to my computer threw open the lid, pounded in, "twitter.com" to see I'd been BANNED!
Me, banned from twitter? I don't do anything to get banned. There are really 2 broken rules that will get a person banned from twitter: Spamming and distributing Porn. I was NO WHERE near those two things. I couldn't understand why I was banned.
I quickly shot out an email to twitter trying to get the problem resolved. I got no word back. One day, two days, three days, one week, two weeks, nothing.
So this morning I jumped out of bed with a new vigor in my bones to start a brand new twitter account. I get registered, and click away at the follow button as I try to emulate my last twitter. The thought even goes through my mind that I can make this one better. Hours pass, problems creep in, phones won't sync, websites crash, and I'm left irritated and without a completely useful twitter account.
After 5 hours of on and off tinkering I give up, and convince myself to pick this up another day. Within seconds (No exaggeration) of giving up I received an email from Twitter telling me my account was back up and that they were sorry for the mistake. They even said that they didn't know why I was banned.
I found this whole adventure to be a microcosm of life. We start pushing and struggling. We try to make things happen. We worry. We work to an end, but we don't get much of anywhere. Then all of a sudden out of no where our problem is solved, or our situation is changed. If I just would have waited until 2PM on December 6, 2011 I wouldn't have waisted the entire morning. But I couldn't.
Many times God wants us to wait on Him. He's going to come through in a big way, but we have to wait for it. We get impatient and pull an Abraham and Hagar stunt (Read more about that here). If we would trust God to do what He said He was going to do it would save us a lot of time and pain.
- Psalm 27:13 Wait for the Lord; be strong and courageous. Wait for the Lord.
- Lamentations 3:26 It is good to wait quietly for deliverance from the Lord.
- Isaiah 33:2 Lord, be gracious to us! We wait for You. Be our strength every morning and our salvation in time of trouble.
- Psalm 37:7 Be silent before the Lord and wait expectantly for Him
- Lamentations 3:25 The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the person who seeks Him.
- Micah 7:7 But I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me.
- Psalm 25:5 Guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; I wait for You all day long.
We have to learn to be patient, because God is going to come through in a BIG way. And that is what Twitter taught me today.